Sunday, November 15, 2009

Faith

I have been reading past conference talks as I try to figure out what the heck is going on in my life. I was reading this morning and this one stuck out to me...

Here is my summary:

Faith in Jesus Christ
Elder Kevin W. Pearson

-Faith is a 1. principle and 2. an action of power
-There is no other foundation in life that can bring the same peace, joy, and hope as faith can.
-Faith is a gift of God bestowed as a reward for personal righteousness.
-Faith and fear cannot coexist.
-6 things that get rid of faith:
1. doubt
2. discouragement
3. distraction
4. lack of diligence
5. disobedience
6. disbelief
-Challenging times require greater spiritual power and faith.


the end.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you go girl!! i love that. great words of wisdom :) haha i'm calling you to play next time i'm up in holladay.

Lacee said...

please will you?

Debbie said...

Nice words, wonderful thoughts!

Add other items