Sunday, February 6, 2011

Technology

About a month ago I wanted to burn some music for my class. I wanted them to be exposed to the classic children songs that I grew up with.

Songs such as:
The itsy bitsy spider
Head shoulders knees and toes
1 2 buckle my shoe
Bingo
Mary had a little lamb
Twinkle twinkle little star
I'm a little tea pot
and so on

When I put the cd on not much happened. They almost didn't even notice it was on. They only knew a few songs. I went back on iTunes and I saw the top children's songs were those from popular tv shows- Handy Manny, Bob the Builder, Max and Ruby, Diego, Imagination Movers, Yo Gabba Gabba and so on. When I put that cd on I swear the kids thought it was Christmas. They were screaming and jumping up and down. They knew all the words and exactly what tv show it was from. Wow have times changed since I was a kid.




4 comments:

Ashley said...

It's so true. I also think the songs from those shows are the easiest to memorize. For example,
"I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map."
Yup, that's the song.

Bhikkhuni Thich nu Tinh Quang said...

I've done similar work in Vietnam. Songs taught to the children were some of yours and also ... Knick Knack Paddywhack (This Old Man), Puff the Magic Dragon, This Land is Your Land (Canadian version), etc. The children loved it ... lots of laughs and good memories.

Bhikkhuni Thich nu Tinh Quang said...

P.S. If you're a Frampton from the Newfoundland Framptons, we may be related.

Crose said...

Wonderful images!

Add other items