Tuesday, December 15, 2009

EFY

The buzz in the air seems to be EFY. All of my friends from the summer have been talking about it. My good friend Jordan is going to be a coordinator for Provo. (Congrats Jords!) Everyone has been asking when each other's interviews are. We all want the same interview time. I have worked as a counselor for 2 summers. I have loved it. I have been thinking that it is time for a change. I have been thinking about applying to be a BC. BCs are basically counselors over the counselors. They are in charge of what the counselors do. They are also in charge of administrative things for EFY. They don't get a group of kids to work with. They work with all the kids on a less personal basis. I have been going back and forth between counselor and BC. I am afraid that if I am a BC I will miss having girls and working directly with the youth. I talked with two of my friends that were BCs. Donny made me promise that if I was hired as a BC that I would accept it. He loved being a BC. I also talked to Sharon Tidwell. Me and her go way back because we are from the same home ward. She told me something that really helped me. She said that she applied for both and interviewed for both. She wasn't stressing about it. She prayed and let Heavenly Father place her where she needs to be. That is what I am going to do. I am going to apply and interview for both and then let Heavenly Father place me where I need to be. I am so excited for EFY. I can't even explain how much I love it. I love working with the youth and having the oppurtunity to bear my testimony to them all summer long. I love working with the other counselors and making so many new friends. AHHH!!! I love EFY. Both of my interviews are in January. This summer me and 3 other counselors always hung out during classes and stuff. We were the EFY Dream Team. Jordan is going to be a coordinator, I am applying for BC, Ed is applying for BC and Dan is applying for counselor. I am trying to convice Dan to apply for BC. If all of us got on the same team it would be awesome and amazing and wonderful. It is time for the Dream Team to be reunited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Are you my daughter. Seriously you amaze me. You are awesome. So greatful to have a daughter that is so in tune with what is important! Love you!

Add other items