Friday, July 2, 2010

Sophie Rose Barton


My cute friend Sophie recently passed away. I cannot express how lucky I feel that I was blessed to have her in my life. She is the happiest person I have ever met. Her laugh is infectious and her light is bright. She is beautiful. I spent a majority of my time that I knew her admiring her and who she is. I remember countless nights being in my room and hearing her laugh and voice coming from my sisters room. I remember picking her up and dropping her off when I first got my license. I remember taking her and McCall and all there friends to toilet paper boys houses'. I remember her spending hours in Dallin's room as they rehearsed for the Koins For Kenya concert. I remember sitting in the kitchen and listening to her and Tessa and Dallin sing Free Falling in my living room. I remember going to the high school sporting events and watching her cheer. I remember the first time I heard her sing. She was singing along to the radio in my white Volvo. I remember every time she came over my dad would ask her to sing. I will forever play her cd. I love her gift of music. Sophie was everyone's best friend. Her spirit knew that it was special and it's purpose in this life was to bless and touch everyone it came in contact with. I loved the funeral today. It was absolutely beautiful. I loved hearing from each of her family members and their fond memories of her. She helped Dallin raise money for Kenya. I am honored to be apart of a project in Kenya when I go over there in 3 weeks. Each desk in Dallin's school will have Sophie's name on them. You blessed my life Sophie and I have learned so much from you. I have learned to live life to it's fullest, to bless everyone I come in contact with and to occasionally stop and smell the roses. I will miss you Sophie. I will look towards the moon to find you. I can't wait to see you in Heaven! xoxo


We sent our love to Sophie at the grave site in the form of white balloons.

5 comments:

Angela S said...

What a beautiful tribute! I'm sorry for your family and her family's loss.

Ashley said...

I'm so sorry Lacee. Thanks again for taking care of Annika and Colin during the book party. We had a lot of fun and Annika can't stop talking about you and your fun toys.

McCormick Family said...

That was beautiful lace. I love you so much and Sohie really was such a beautiful girl. She will forever be with all of us and will always have a place in our hearts. She touched so many people and her spirt and music will continue to live on. I love you girl and am so grateful to call you one of my best friends.

The Sieverts said...

So sorry lacee. That was a sweet tribute. I enjoyed beiing able to see the pics from the funeral. Alisha has known her since she was about 4 yrs old.

Randy Clouse said...

http://obitsutah.com/obituary/669/sophie-rose-barton.htm

Add other items